Hounslow is helping local businesses by awarding £7,000 grants for sustainable innovation, supporting their first steps to Net Zero.
The fund will help successful applicants understand their carbon footprint, where reductions can easily be made that aim to improve the business’ bottom line. You will also have the opportunity to be fast-tracked into the complementary Mayor of London’s Better Futures+ programme to further assist your endeavours.
The £7,000 voucher can be spent on any or a combination of the following:
- 1-2-1 bespoke environmental consultancy for all or any part of the voucher; this could include an in-depth energy audit or site visit
- Investment in cleantech solutions – for example solar panels, air source heat pumps, EV charging, LED lights etc.
The Better Futures+ support includes (optional*):
- 12 months access to Climate Essentials, an online carbon management platform.
- An eight part webinar series with practical information and advice from industry experts and live business case studies.
- An opportunity to develop your plans through peer networking sessions with other business leaders.
- Bespoke industry specific workshops.
*Businesses can opt in to all or any part of the Mayor’s funded Better Futures+ programme.
To be eligible you must be an SME:
- headquartered or trading in Hounslow
- with a minimum of two full time employees
- generating over £100K in revenue
- committing to pledge to achieve Net Zero by 2030**
** achieving Net Zero means having a plan in place to reduce your carbon emissions. Contact us to find out more or to check whether this programme is right for you
- Registration by 11:59pm on 16 January 2022
- Selection of businesses 19 January 2022
- Better Futures+ programme starts 26 January 2022 (optional)
- Voucher to be spent by 31 March 2022***
***West London Business will be responsible for paying consultants and reimbursing against invoices for cleantech solutions.
The London Borough of Hounslow is committed to supporting its businesses. The Green Innovation and Growth Fund is part of a larger support programme to innovate, grow and support Hounslow town centres and small businesses. It is possible to utilise multiple products offered as part of this wider programme which Hounslow aim to launch 6th January.